Effective from 6 April 2018: Revised Guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003

In April 2018 the Home Office published  revised guidance under section 182 of the Licensing Act 2003. This provides guidance to Licensing Authorities in relation to carrying out their functions under the Act and will be of interest to those who run licensed premises, their legal advisers and the general public. It also contains information regarding Magistrates' Courts hearing appeals against licensing decisions.

3 January 2018 - Important announcement regarding Basic Disclosure Checks for Personal Licence applications:

From 3 January 2018, applicants living in England and Wales will no longer be able to submit Disclosure Scotland Basic Disclosure Certificates as part of a Personal Licence Application to Licensing Authorities. Applicants will be required to apply for their criminal record check through the Disclosure and Barring Service website.

For a list of Responsible Organisations registered with the DBS to provide Basic Checks please the GOV.UK website . or apply for a Basic Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service

Any enquiries regarding this should be directed to the Disclosure and Barring Service.

Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
DBS Customer Services
PO BOX 110
L69 3JD
United Kingdom
+44 0870 90 90 811


20 May 2016- Updated Sexual Entertainment Venues Policy - Approved by Council

Notice is hereby given that on 17 May 2016 Chichester District Council approved for use it's updated Sexual Entertainment Venues policy. The Policy, having been through public consultation, now takes effect for a period of five years but can be subject of review during this time. The adoption of the policy was considered to provide a useful platform to potential applicants and business operators across the district in relation to the regime whilst minimising any potential associated corporate risks and community impacts.

The full effect of the revised schedule can be obtained by contacting the Licensing Team at licensing@chichester.gov.uk

16 July 2015 - Reminder to register new food businesses

Any person or business that carries out a food operation must be registered with the council. Ordinarily this is the council responsible for the area in which the premises or each premises is located. If you are starting up a new food business or are taking over an existing one then you will need to complete a registration form. Therefore, if you are applying under the Licensing Act 2003 for a new Club Premises Certificate, a new Premises Licence or transferring an existing Premises Licence, then you are likely to need to submit a registration form.


13 July 2015 - Consultation commences on the Draft Statement of Licensing Policy 2016-2021

Following approval by Cabinet on the 7 July 2015, the consultation period for comments to be submitted in relation to our Draft Statement of Licensing Policy 2016-2021 has now commenced. The policy will be used to guide the council when considering applications and notices received under the Licensing Act 2003. Please submit any comments you may have in writing, and by no later than the end of the 4 October 2015.