Toggle menu

Applying for the housing register

Who can apply

You can apply to join the housing register if you:

  • have a right to live in the UK
  • are aged 18 years or over
  • have a housing need listed in our allocations policy
  • have lived in the district for 2 consecutive years

There are some exceptions to these rules. You can find full information on who can apply in our Housing Allocation Scheme.

How to apply

You can apply to join the housing register (opens new window) online.

We work with housing associations across the district to make a combined housing register, so you only need to make one application.

We may contact you for extra information after you've sent your application. We can't accept your application until we've received all the information we ask for.

If you need help with your application or can't apply online, contact us.

Change of circumstances

If you're already on the housing register and want to make a change to your details or an application you've made, you can log in to Homemove (opens new window) and choose the 'submit a change of circumstances' option.


Contact us

For further information and advice email Alternatively, you can phone us on 01243 785166.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon