Council tax & business rates - sign up to paperless billing
Instead of receiving your traditional paper council tax/business rates bill, you can now opt to receive your bill(s) online. This saves time, is more secure and will help in reducing collection costs.
To be able to view your paperless bills you must also create an online account. Details on how to do this can be found in the 'how to create an online account' document.
Before you start
To use this service you will need:
- Your council tax/business rates account number;
- an email account;
- property postcode;
Benefits of paperless billing
- You receive your bill quicker; when a bill is ready to view you receive an email with an electronic link;
- It saves paper, as no paper copy is sent out;
- If you need a paper copy of your bill, you can download and print a copy as soon as you need it;
- Each person on the bill can receive their own electronic copy, providing that person has registered for an online account;
- Paperless billing reduces printing and postage costs;
How paperless billing works
Each time you are due to be issued a new or revised council tax/business rates bill you will receive an email with a link, advising you to go online to view your bill. The link takes you to our online service where you will need to log in securely to view your bill.
You will only be able to view your e-bill if you have created an online account.
Creating an online account
Please see the documents available for further assistance: