Supporting Ukraine refugees
Chichester District Council stands in support of the people of Ukraine and our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the devastating conflict in the country, and we are flying the Ukrainian flag at our offices in East Pallant.
Homes for Ukraine scheme
We know the residents of Chichester will want to help in any way they can. The Government have announced a Homes for Ukraine scheme if you have a spare room or property that could be used to help a family or individuals rent free for six months. There is an optional payment of £350 a month if you take part in this scheme.
Grant Application for Ukrainian refugee support fund 2022/2023
If you are a community group supporting Ukrainian refugees, and would benefit from funding of up to £1000, please complete the available funding form. When completed, please email to email@example.com.
To request funding, the applicant must:
- be a community group or Parish Council with your own bank account;
- not be applying for more than £1000; or,
- be applying solely for the benefit of Ukrainian refugees
Barnardo's free helpline to support Ukrainian families
The conflict and ongoing violence in Ukraine has caused families to forcibly leave their homes, in search of safety, with many arriving in the UK.
In response to this, following discussion with the Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain, Barnardo's has set up the Ukrainian Support Helpline to provide a holistic support service. The helpline is available to anyone fleeing the conflict in Ukraine.
Barnardo's free helpline (0800 148 8586) is staffed by English, Ukrainian and Russian speakers, to offer support to children and families arriving in the UK from Ukraine. The helpline is open:
- Monday - Friday (10:00am - 8:00pm), and;
- Saturday (10:00am - 3:00pm)
Callers will be able to get help and advice on a range of issues.
Other ways to help Ukraine
If you would like to help in other ways, you are encouraged to take a look at the national and international aid organisations who are running appeals to support people caught up in the conflict.
- Unicef UK - Donate to protect the children of Ukraine
- Gov.uk - a guide for Ukrainians arriving in the UK
- Ukraine Crisis Appeal - British Red Cross
- Ukraine Humanitarian Fund - UN Crisis Relief
- Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal - Disaster Emergency Committee